Thursday, April 16, 2009

Radhakrishna Swamiji helps secure an internship

I arrived in USA in 2006 to study at a prestigious institution. The process of getting admission and necessary documents was totally facilitated by Shri Radhakrishna Swamiji and Sai Baba only. As part of my course I was required to complete a certain period of time as internship with a recognized firm. Although I had been applying for more than 3 months I had not received any positive response from any firm. With the deadline for starting internships coming close I was absolutely worried about not finding any.

I was particularly keen to join one firm more than the others. So even before launching any efforts for filing applications I started praying to Shri Radhakrishna Swamiji everyday to help me land an internship with that particular firm. I would do three pradakshinas praying to Swamiji for help. While I was making efforts to get this internship it was no easy task. A minimum of 5000 applications were received every year for this prestigious internship and only a handful were selected. While there was a period when none of my efforts were paying off following prayer those very same closed doors opened again. By the grace of Swamiji I got contacts who helped me present my application to the persons who took the decision to recruit. I wrote to numerous recruiting officers and forwarded my CV. Still there was no positive response from any of them.

With only a few more days for end of semester there was no internship in sight. I grew desperate at times yet my faith in Swamiji kept me sane and hopeful. I did not stop praying. I felt the power of Swamiji’s grace was stronger than any human recommendation. If Swamiji really thought I should get an internship he would definitely help. With this unshakeable faith I kept applying to other companies and gave quite a few interviews.

I almost gave up the idea of finding any internship when I suddenly received a call from the same firm I was keen to work with. They said they were interested in conducting a telephonic interview. I did my best at the interview. The interviewer said they were not too sure what the outcome would be. Within a few days they wrote to me saying they were willing to offer me the internship. I was thrilled beyond words.

It was unbelievable that I was getting to work with my dream firm and it took me quite a while to digest the joy and reality of all these events. I knew deep down that it was Swamiji’s grace that had worked through people, time and resistance to grant me that which I had been praying for, for more than 6 months. I definitely owed it to the people who helped me along the way as well but Swamiji was the force who moved their hearts in my favor. I had promised Swamiji that in case I got the internship I would let the whole world know that it was earned through him and my efforts had little or no role at all. I am keeping my word today and share with you all this act of divine grace and compassion on the part of Shri Radhakrishna Swamiji.

No comments: