Friday, July 30, 2010

The peda

During my student days, i happened to visit Mylapore in Chennai. This area has numerous temples and it was a habit to visit atleast three temples namely the Sai Baba temple, the Srinivasa temple and the Kapaleeshwarar temple. Mylapore was also home to the shopping strips around the Kapaleeshwarar temple. I had a habit of talking to god from childhood and wherever i went, i would silently chat with god to keep me company. I also tested god ever so often to understand if he/she truly existed or it was a figment of my imagination. On one such day when i was in a testing mood, i told Baba that he should give me a peda if he really was around and listening to me. I was accompanied by a friend and as we walked around, the friend suggested that we enter the sweet shop nearby. I accompanied her gladly. She bought several sweets and then finally handed over a peda to me. I was surprised. Did she hear my mental request to Baba? How did she know that i had asked for a peda? I thanked her and most importantly thanked Baba.He proved to me that he had heard me and responded as well.

No comments: