Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The dead alarm clock comes alive

Swamiji's biography ' Apostle of Love' records an instance of a clock that came alive to remind a devotee to offer Naivedya. Swamiji was out of station and had asked one of his devotees to offer Naivedya to Sai Baba and Shrinivasa idols in his cottage at 8:00 p.m everyday. On one of the days, the devotee forgot to offer Naivedya when the alarm clock that had stopped running jumped from the almirah and stood before the devotee. The clock then sounded the alarm at 8:00 p.m and reminded the devotee that the Naivedya had been forgotten. When Swamiji returned to his Kutir, the devotee narrated the incident with great awe and disbelief. Swamiji told him that the appointment with god should never be missed and all objects in his room had life. Therefore the clock had managed to jump down from the shelf and reminded the devotee of his obligation. This clock can still be seen in Swamiji's room in the Sai Mandir at Thyagaraya Nagar.

I had a similar experience under a different circumstance. I was employed in New Delhi in 2003 and had taken up an apartment with another girl. After 6 months the girl left and i could not find another suitable house mate. I found it pretty hard staying alone since i had never stayed by myself. I also had some health issues that made me quite worried. On one of those days when worry got the better of me, i sat in my apartment all alone and lost in my worries. I was so unhappy. I also sat thinking that i am all alone and there was no one around for me. Just as this thought passed my mind, i suddenly heard the alarm clock sound loud. It was 7 p.m and the alarm clock pulled me out of my thoughts. The alarm clock had not worked for the last 6 months and i was extremely astonished to hear the alarm clock ring after all these months. I got up and opened the shelf to check if the alarm was indeed ringing. The alarm clock sat next to my small puja shrine. The arms of the clock were still stuck in their place but the ringing sound alone had come alive. What a strange incident, i thought! How can a disfunctional alarm clock come alive. Then it occurred to me that Baba was communicating that i was not alone and he was with me through this miracle of the dead alarm clock's resurrection. I prayed to Baba and with that all my gloomy thoughts took to their heels. Since then, i never feel alone since i always know that Swamiji, Sai Baba and Shrinivasa are alive and watching me in an inviscible form.

5 comments:

sowmya said...

Hi
OM SAIRAM
I am sowmya from banaglore and usually visit sai spritual centre.
Your blog is very beautiful.
thanks

sowmya said...

Hi
OM SAIRAM
I want to talk to you please reply to my mailid sowmya_hebbar1@yahoo.co.in

sunmaid18 said...

Hi Sowmya
Sairam! Thanks so much for your encouragement. I am glad you visit the Sai Spiritual Center regularly. I hope you continue to follow this blog and post your comments and experiences if any.

LifeOfSharath said...

Hello madam,

This was a miraculous post for several reasons. I read it, when I was thinking almost on similar lines. I was a little worried and feeling lonely. Next Just as I was about to read the end of your post, an alarm in a watch, which I have set and forgotten all about started to sound. It usually rings everyday, but it is hardly audible. Today somehow, I was able to hear it loud and clear as I was reading your blog. Thank you so much for sharing this experience. Through it Swamiji and Baba have reminded me that they are with me.

sunmaid18 said...

Sairam Sharath,
it is indeed surprising that you went through the exact same experience and this post served to affirm your thoughts that Baba and swamiji are with you. You are indeed blessed by the great spiritual masters. Thanks for sharing your experience. several of your poems are extremely inspiring for their bakthi bhava.