Friday, March 27, 2015

Narayaneeyam and divine experiences

I had started chanting the holy Narayaneeyam in 2012 when i was severely ill. I used to do ten dashakams or stanzas a day. I chanted with whole hearted faith and had several divine experiences. Most important of all, it reduced the severity of the disease and to a great extent  i had become okay. One of the key effects of chanting the Narayaneeyam was the experience of meditation that came about spontaneously at the end of the chanting. For those who are unfamiliar with Narayaneeyam, it is the Bhagavatam written in a condensed version by Narayana Bhattathri in praise of Lord Guruvayoorappan. Shri Radhakrishna Swamiji was an ardent devotee of Lord Gurvayoorappan and maybe its my connnection with Swamiji that brought me on the path of chanting Narayaneeyam. Several divine beings started appearing in the meditation and communicated messages to me. 

On several occassions, i had the vision of Lord Gurvayoorappan. He appeared as a boy of eight or nine years, with a glowing face, a brilliant smile and full of mischief. It is hard to describe him yet he seemed to be full of joy of a very different kind. His whole being radiated energy. 
On one occassion i had forgotten to eat lunch after chanting narayaneeyam and was sitting by myself at home. Since i was by myself i did not feel like preparing lunch and eating. At that moment, i felt Gurvayoorappan call me and asking me to eat first. 
On another occassion, i saw my Lord in the temple of Matsya Narayana near my home. He showed that the earth is no more than a projection of his energy, yet he is not that, though it resides in him. It is very difficult to describe it, since he visually demonstrated that concept.
There were several other occassions when i was able to clearly see the physical form of my Lord, although in visions only. It is clearly Swamiji's blessings that has enabled me to see my Lord in this form of Gurvayoorappan. Praise be to my Guru!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello
I stumbled across your blog when I just happened to google 'why do I keep thinking about narayana'. Was surprised to see this blog post since something similar had happened to me and I read the narayaneeyam to get better (though I must say i skipped reading and moved to listening in the middle of the dasakams)

I credit my recovery fully to narayaneeyam and although I don't get visions, I have realized that certain days I feel closer to krishna and want to go online to read more of narayana stories. there's a certain pull and then I discover those happen to be ekadashi days. It's uncanny.

Had a few questions for you:
1. how do I ensure I have a deeper relationship with Him ?
2. How long does it take you to chant narayaneeyam ? I'm not tamilian and not a native-sanskrit speaker. HOw do you suggest I chant without it taking weeks.
3. WHat are the dasakams to chant for brain injuries ?
4. How do i get his visions?

THank you so much for your patience

sunmaid18 said...

Namaste!!
I am very humbled to receive your comment. You must be a great devotee of the Lord since you are always thinking of Narayana. Most of our minds are caught in worldly thoughts, wealth, home, children, work etc.You also say that you have recovered fully due to Narayaneeyam which means you have already experienced his full grace. It is really amazing and wondrous that you experience a special attraction to the Lord Narayana on Ekadashi days. Thanks for sharing with me. You are already blessed. I think, we need to think of the Lord as often as we can and offer all our actions to him as a gift. IF we can ensure that all our thoughts, actions and speech is dedicated to him, then we can feel his presence at all times. It took me around 1 month to read, since i always read the meaning along with the verses. Mechanical chanting has never worked for me, followed by meditation as well. You can find the verses in your native language else english verses are available online as narayanyeeyam first step.org. IF you can chant along with youtube videos then it will be easy for a non-native sanskrit person. Asmin Paratman Nanu Padma Kalpe, Tvamitta muthapitha padma yoni, Ananta Bhooma Mama roga rashim, nirundhi vatalaya vishnu-- chapter 8 is the mantra which is all powerful for healing of any kind. The more we can go deep into each verse and visualize them, then he will bless one with his vision. Deep Bhakti for the lord attracts him.