Monday, September 5, 2022

Aksharamanamalai and Lord Shiva

I used to chant the Aksharamanamalai during the Covid 19 lockdown and quarantine period almost daily. I would listen to other Lord Shiva's bhajans and songs after that. One day i read the meaning of Aksharamanamalai as i was curious to know what the tamil words meant. As i read it, tears flowed from my eyes on their own as if those words of Sri Ramana Maharishi had a special power in them. That night when i went to bed, a strange experience occured. My mind took the form of Lord Shiva and spoke to me. It said 'I, Lord Shiva am real and within you' and then all night he was there with me. I could feel Lord Shiva's presence within me, and my mind became tall and big and assumed the Jatadhara form with the snake around the Lord's neck and i knew it was my mind. It was a powerful experience and the whole night went in Lord Shiva's company. It took a while for that feeling to go and luckily the next day, the mind was its usual self. My faith in Lord Shiva was made firm through this experience. I was never a follower of Lord Shiva but Aksharamanamalai gave me the Lord's blessings in the form of Arunachala. The Lord therefore resides within us only. Our saints are divine beings and their words hold great power, i think.Interestingly Shri Radhakrishna Swamiji had visited Tiruvannamalai once and had been given three stones by Shri Seshadri Swamigal and was asked to cook and eat those to find the truth. Later Swamiji told his devotees that the saint asked him to go beyond Sattwa, Tamas and Rajas to find god. My good Karma, that i listen to Saint's words and writings and i get the grace of the Lord immediately. That too is possible only because of my guru Shri Saipadananda Radhakrishna Swamiji's grace and blessings.

No comments: